Getting married this year and don’t know where to begin? It’s all in the little details one overlooks amid the noise and chaos of planning a wedding. Experts from India and Toronto get together to offer you some must-know hacks to make your wedding day perfect.
Beach destination wedding? Get organized!
A destination wedding is a lot of fun for the couple as well as guests. After all, it turns out to be mini vacation for everyone around.
“Destination weddings are a great fusion of classic cultural values and traditions, combined with beautiful locations, crisp white sand and palm trees blowing in the wind. Any couple who is seeking a wedding that is different and memorable for themselves and their family/friends should definitely consider a destination wedding, and seek the assistance of a very highly-experienced professional to help plan their big day abroad,” says Raj Pahwa, president of AbsoluteWedsite, one of Canada's largest Hindu and Sikh destination wedding providers, who are also offering a trip to the Dominican at the Suhaag show to be held in January. Pahwa also recommends that couples book a year to a year-and-a-half ahead so there are no last-minute disappointments, such as sold-out seats in the same plane and best rates for group travel, to name just a few.
But the preparations for such an occasion also depend on the kind of location you are choosing along with many other aspects, says Sanchita Kalra, wedding planning expert at ShaadiSaga.com, lists down a few steps that the would-be bride should keep in mind before preparing for her big day.
- * Time of your functions: You’re having the wedding functions at the beach — make sure you pick the right month. Avoid summers or monsoons because not only will you be feeling hot and humid in your wedding attire but also your family and friends who will be running around doing most of the work for you!
And when you have decided the season for the wedding, set the time of every function too. For the beach wedding, it’s best to get married when the sunlight is not too harsh. Therefore, sunset is the best time to get pretty pictures! Don’t forget to carry sunglasses!
- * Deciding the outfit for beach functions: While picking a wedding outfit, make sure you go for something light both in colour as well as the fabric. Also, hassle-free outfits in pastel colours work extremely well for day weddings.
- * No heels: Heels are a big no-no because they will sink in the sand. And don’t even think of walking barefoot on the sand as it will be very hot. But if you want to add some extra height, opt for wedges because they won’t sink. The ideal thing to do is to make sure you have the outfits tailored according to your actual height.
Get luscious lips!
With Christmas and the new year come the celebrations, decorations and some amazing shopping for that perfect attire, but while you’ve got everything else in place, its an irksome task to choose the right seasonal lip shade to match your outfit. From coral or coffee to mauve, one can try out many shades, says Neetu Prasher, Head Beauty Training, Avon India. She lists some colours that one can try this season for the perfect pout.
- * Plum: Dramatic lip colour is the need of the hour this Christmas season. Lay your hands on this sinful lacquer to look devilish yet chic this Xmas. Club a snowy white jumper to elevate your look.
- * Coral: Bring out your bright playful side with punchy coral bursts. Bright orange or subtle citrus shine, team your green cape and give out hipster vibes this season.
- * Coffee: Christmas is the best time to flaunt those untouched cinnamon, coffee tones. A warm brown hue to keep your beauty game in check. A chocolate staple that looks classy come colder months.
- * Red: Add instant glam and polish to your dull lips this Christmas by gliding a ruby hue. Be it for an Xmas supper or early-morning Christmas Mass, there’s a red for everyone. From crimson red to gold shine, there’s one for every mood.
- * Mauve: Step out and bloom this season by applying this violet tone. A perfect evening companion for your black dress, this beautiful colour will even look brilliant on a pastel yellow outfit.
- * Pink: Make a strong stylish statement by applying a pink lippy when hitting the dance floor this party season. Inject this safe buddy in hot pink, rose gold, nude pink or electric fuchsia and make heads turn because pink is one colour that can never look odd on anyone.
- * Peach: This barely-there shade is everything you need to downplay the colours of your lips and yet look sensational in an instant. Apply peachy tones to match with your dark winter layers. -IANS
Best friend’s wedding? Shine on!
Pair jackets with exaggerated palazzos and try monotone hues of pink, turquoise, teal and mint green to make a style statement at your best friend’s wedding, says Sidhika Gupta, Fashion Head, Roposo, who has shared a few tips on styling for the wedding season:
- * Jacket style: Jackets have become a versatile fashion statement that can be modified in many different ways. You could pair it with a lehenga-choli or team it up with an exaggerated palazzo.
The jacket in zardosi, embroidery, or intricate velvet is the one-stop solution for fashionistas. Pick an opaque masterpiece in silk-brocade or go for a layered chiffon delicate. Fitted, flowing, flared, short, long, sheer, open or closed — doesn’t matter how you style your jacket because it’s all good.
- * Extended choli: The choli is extended further with net or lace attached to it, falling either high and low or straight onto the lehenga. Unique crystal placements and mirrors will make you stand out.
The extensions that flow beneath the actual choli add length, grace and volume to both the attire and your style.
- * The trail: Make heads turn and look your mermaid best in an exquisite trail. A trend which has been the favourite on the Hollywood red carpet, a trail adds glamour and richness to any lehenga.- IANS
Go au naturel!
Internationally acclaimed and established artist Pritti Sohl is a popular name with GTA brides whose work has taken her all over the world. Specializing in international destination weddings, which are a regular feature in her appointments diary, Sohl is passionate about making brides look good. “I believe that all women are naturally beautiful and with the right makeup, they can look pretty amazing,” she says. Sohl is bringing her expertise to brides at the 20th Suhaag show on Jan. 22, 2017.
Speaking of natural beauty, beauty experts like Sohl emphasize some basic rituals for brides:
- * Moisturize well: This is the most basic preparation for makeup looks of all sorts. However, when it comes to going for the natural appearance, moisturizing becomes all the more important.
- * Feign the flushed look: First identify what your natural flush is like. For instance, try to determine what the colour of your cheeks is after your exercise. Now get a creamy blush that matches the same tone. Blend a dot of the blush into areas such as the apple of your cheeks, chin, forehead and the bridge of your nose.
- * Eyes: For the no-make-up look, lighter colours of brown and blue are perfect. Tight-lining the lower lid with a white eye pencil is also a great way to make your eyes pop. Mascara is your best friend when it comes to nude makeup. It gives a fuller look to the lashes without being too obvious. Of course, make sure that you don’t leave any clumps behind.
- * Lips: First exfoliate your lips well with petroleum jelly. Anything you put on cracked lips will show and look unseemly. Next, choose a neutral lip colour. Avoid matte or ultra-shiny textures that make it very apparent that you’ve used product. Instead go for tinted balms with a hint of colour that goes with the natural shade of your lips.- Suhaag.com
Need more inspiration and ideas? Suhaag is organizing its 20th bridal and lifestyle show on Jan. 22, 2017 at the Toronto Congress Centre. More details at suhaag.com/suhaagshow